Special Guest: Carol Ramm-Gramenz
Create Canvas Material (Julia) Done
Work on Compost Poster (Sean, Julia and Chris) Done
List of tools that Susan and Husband have for building (Julia)
Chrystal requested Letterhead (Julia) Done
Create a Template to have electronic copy (Sean)
Need to Check with 4-H and ask about Program and whether we can work together. (Action Item) (Julia)
Need to Check with Marina about contribution. How to access.(Action Item) (Chris) Done Still need to let MP know when we want rocks and how much.
Worms. Need to get some. (Action Item) (Chris)
Dirt. Need it Donated. Chris would really like to work with a company in Puyallup who has a 3way Mushroom mix. Need 100-125 yards. Can we afford to buy. Check with Dirt Company how much it would cost. (Action Item ) (Chris) (Julia will check with O’Neils at Erin Rockery)
Plates and Silverware? Ask Carol (Action Item) (Julia) Done Chris is contacting rental companies about donation.
Family Fun Night;
1. Food will be prepared by Chris and Julia (Chris wanted to make bread but it was decided that it would be too much work. Vote was taken no’s won) Ragu on Pasta, Bread and Spinach Salad. What for desert? How about Chocolate Zucchini cupcakes?
2. Chrystal will contact Costco for donations. Send quantities to Chrystal.(Action Item)
3. Who will help serve?
4. Projects for Kids? Still need to work on this
5. Presenters. Who will they be? Have Gleening Project, Farmers Market. What about Kate from Jason Lee with Hilltop Artists. Contact to confirm. (Action Item)
6. Plates and Silverware? Ask Carol (Action Item) (Julia)
Items still need to be donated for Gardens:
1. Food for Volunteers
3. Straw Bales
4. Potato Sacks
6. Lumber for Shed and Beds
8. Fruit Trees
11. Cardboard. We might need Jordan’s Dads Truck to Haul.
Trees in Community Garden and placement of Trees. Metro Parks would like us to place along back of Garden.
Documentation of workdays and events. Need to have sign in sheets available at all events. Sean suggested that we create a template so we had an electronic copy and would only need to add to it. Sean said he would create. How about Photos?
Track donations and get receipts for everything including donated food.
Plan for workers. What do we want them to accomplish?
Where do we go from here. How do we obtain Greens for Garden Compost. Organic?
Wed 3/16/2011 PeaceMakers, CASTINGS, Garden Leadership team to Home Depot
Fri 3/18/2011 PeaceMakers 4-6
Sat 3/19/2011 Community Garden Meeting 10-2
castingsorg on 3rd Community and School Garde… volunteeringforfun on 3rd Community and School Garde…